This week we are wrapping up our series titled, "What Designers Do". Designers have to be very visual people and be able to see the potential and the solution to a space. At the end of the day a summary of what we do is tie all the details together.
This is a little blurry shot of the Mother in Law Suite at Legacy House, but we had to show it mid process. The metal beams were necessary to support the schoolhouse portion structurally so we had to design around them. The goal was also to keep as much brick exposed as possible.
We planned the architectural detailing with the placement of the bed in mind. We designed every detail down to the placement of the accessories on the nightstand and the gros grain ribbon that would be paired with a soft green linen fabric on two pillows.
WHAT DESIGNERS DO IN REVIEW:
- From the Ground up- space planning, electrical plans and more
- Finish Work Details- This includes architectural molding specifications and drawings
- Budget and Marital Referees- Number Crunchers and making sure everyone's needs are met
- Hammers and Nails- Installing the furniture, hanging art and even assembling furniture on occasion
- Make it look the very best possible! Add the finishing touches and details that take it from good to great!